Cross Country Skiing and Hiking
YOU MUST BE A CLUB MEMBER, OR PURCHASE A DAY USE PASS, AVAILABLE WHEN CLUBHOUSE IS OPEN, TO USE THE TRAILS OR ANY OTHER CLUB FACILITY.
Clubhouse will not be open this weekend Nov.30, Dec 1, the parking is not plowed, and trails have not been groomed due to the amount of heavy wet snow. Many trees laying across trails, most will pop up when the snow melts off, which will be Sunday we hope.
Our trails are through wild forest, while we strive to eliminate hazards from fallen and leaning trees you must always be aware of what you are walking under. This year we have had more wind than we need, lots of trees have come down, and others are weak. Just be aware of your surroundings, as you should in any woods.
Trails are open for use by members all summer, hiking and biking are fine, absolutely no motor vehicles.
Please feel free to go to the map page and print a copy of our trail map. You must first save the map to your computer and print it from there.
TRAIL RULES AND ETIQUETTE:
1. Trails are not patrolled you are responsible for your own safety. It is wise to walk with a partner, but at the very least, let someone know you are going on the trails, and expected return time. Cell service is usually very good on the trails as well.
2. Maps are available in the mailbox by the front door of the clubhouse. Please return them after use. You are welcome to print your own map off the this website.
3. All land on the East side of the Jackrabbit trail is privately owned, not club property. Please stay on the trails and be respectful.
4. Please do not litter.
5. Dogs are welcome on the trails but must be under your control. Also please remove any waste left by your dogs from the trails.
6. In winter trails are groomed by snow sled. Franz's Challenge trail is not groomed for those that like deep snow experience.
7. Crossing the pond on ice is at your own risk.
8. If conditions are found to be unsafe due to icy conditions, etc. the trails will be closed. Check this website or our Facebook page for condition updates. If you are on a trail and see an unsafe condition, or tree across the trail please let us know, post on Facebook or call 518-353-2430.
9. Anyone using the any of the property MUST be a member, guests are not allowed. This is a requirement for insurance coverage. Day memberships are available for those who only plan on using the facilities once.
10. Titus Mountain allows us to walk or ski down to the Lodge, but do not expect to be given a ride back to top, you will have to pay a lift fee.
11. When the clubhouse is open please sign in and out when using the trails. Have your membership card with you.
1. When the clubhouse is open you are welcome to come in and enjoy fire, and good company.
2. We do not sell any food at the club. There are water and soft drinks available for a small fee, and coffee and hot chocolate for a donation. You are welcome to leave your lunch in the fridge while on the trails, and may use the microwave and stove as well. Please clean up after yourself, and do not leave any perishable items in the fridge.
3. Ski's and snowshoes are available for rental.
4. If you have any questions the volunteers on duty will be glad to help.
5. If you have a group that would like to use the trails on a weekday, and would like to use the clubhouse, call the number listed above, and if possible we will get someone to open up for the day. Advance notice would be appreciated.